Totton and Eling, Hampshire
£16300 - £16800 per annum + Over time available, Pension scheme
28 days ago
-Are you looking for full time hours in a supportive work environment in Totton - Hampshire?
-Would you like to enable adults to access the community?
-Are you committed and compassionate and able to work with complex behaviours?
If so, we may have the ideal job role for you!
Our client; a small supported living home in Totton- Southampton, is home to up to 6 adults with learning difficulties and complex needs. We are now assisting them in finding a compassionate and committed Support Worker for full time day hours across Monday - Sunday.
This is a full time job role based on 37.5 hours per week and would require someone comfortable working with adults with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties.
Our client provides thorough ongoing training and support and believes in developing staff on an ongoing basis to aid strong personal career development. If you are looking for the next step in your career within a company that will assist you in gaining the training and qualifications required, then this role could be ideal.
We are looking for a support worker who has experience supporting those with challenging and sometime unpredictable behaviours. You may only have a small amount of experience in the sector but with the right attitude our client can provide all the training you need to work comfortably in this role.
Proact SKIPr training will be given to the successful candidate.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting clients within a supported living unit in Totton.
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Ideally you will be a car driver to assist with transportation to and from activities
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
- Meal preparation
- Personal care as required
- You must be available for full time work and to work every other weekend.
- No sleep in's are required.
- Clear career progression
- Competitive salary of £16,300-£16,800 per annum not including over time
- Reputable, well known company
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
- No sleep in shifts required.
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.