£16400 - £18000 per annum + + Fantastic benefits!
3 months ago
-Job Type: Full-time Permanent
-Salary: £16,400 - £18,000 Per Annum
-Hours: 37.5 per week and up to 1 sleep in Across Monday to Sunday on a rolling rota.
Our client is seeking 2 committed and confident Support Workers to work within a small and friendly supported living home based in the Fareham area. This job requires a support worker who is comfortable working with adults with learning and physical disabilities and who is a car driver.
This full time, permanent job has excellent career progression and training opportunities and is paying £8.35 / hour + Sleep in allowance.
You will ideally have experience working with adults with learning and physical difficulties and you will need to be comfortable with potential displays of challenging behaviours.
As a support worker, you will ideally have experience supporting service users in all aspects of care, including personal hygiene duties, moving and handling (Training can be provided), assisting within the community, emotional needs and general daily activities. Our client is looking for support workers who are willing to undertake proact SCIPr training (behaviour support) or already have training in this. Full Training can be provided.
You will need to be available for full-time hours which are based on 37.5 hours per week, this will include a mixture of early and late shifts - 7am til 2pm, 2-10pm and one sleep in per week. You will also need to work alternate weekends. Overtime is available if desired.
This is a guaranteed full-time position with an ASAP start. Offers are subject to an enhanced DBS check, right to work checks and reference checks.
- Experience working one to one with service users with complex and challenging needs would be an advantage
- PROACT SKIPr training would be advantageous, however full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Knowledge or training within prader-wlli syndrome (PWS) and diabetes would be beneficial.
- You must be a car driver and happy to drive the service users mobility transport - Mandatory
- Have experience working with vulnerable adults with varying levels of needs to include; epilepsy, dementia, learning disabilities, autism, complex needs, physical needs and challenging behaviours - Ideally
- Be looking for a full-time position and able to work on a shift-based rota, which includes every other weekend work (not necessarily required for both days of the weekend), sleep in's, and a mixture of early and late shifts (7am til 2pm, 2.30pm til 10pm) - Mandatory
- Flexibility is key as the shift pattern is varied. You will be working as part of team within this unit, rather than lone working. you will be given your rota a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
We are looking for someone who can be flexible in their working approach, in order to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care, be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care. You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
Full Training can be provided for this role where required.
- A fulfilling and rewarding career with outstanding training and progression opportunities
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- 10% enhancement for working overtime
- Sleep-in payments of £30.50 available in addition to basic pay
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas
- Discounts and cash back on shopping worth £500 a year
- You may also benefit from childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, and more
-You will be supported in completing the Care Certificate!
If you are a car driver, committed to the care of adults with additional needs, then we want to hear from you!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news