Swansea, S. Wales, Wales
£28000 - £32000 per annum + up to 35 days annual leave
4 months ago
*** AREA SERVICE MANAGER - ADULTS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES ***
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Annual Leave: Up to 35 days
Vetro Recruitment is working on behalf of one of Wales's leading not for profit learning disability service providers to find a highly motivated care professional in the Swansea Area looking for the next step in their career.
As the Area Service Manager you will be overseeing the running of 2 supported living services in Swansea supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. Reporting into the Operations Director, you will have a proven track record of service management, putting the people you support at the centre of your care. Leading by example and providing excellent support to people with learning disabilities and autism. Experience of managing complex services and working with those who have autism is desirable.
The Area Service Managers Role will entail:
- Ensuring person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented
- Ensuring the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC/CSSIW Guidelines and internal policies
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe
- Make sure your staff team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with Care Quality Commission Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies
- Most importantly, you want to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities or autism.
As the Area Service Manager you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of CQC / CSSIW regulations
- Experience of managing a team, setting objectives and ensuring goals are met
- Experience in the delivery of services in compliance with contracts
- Experience of managing supported living services or similar - and be familiar with performance management processes
The Area Service Manager must also be:
- An excellent communicator, looking to mentor and motivate your team to provide person-centred support
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers, from the people we support, right through to your team and other members of the organisation
- A driver as you are covering multiple services across the Swansea area
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.