Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £121.64 per day
8 months ago
Art Teacher Job - PRU (Pupil Referral Unit)
£121.64 per day minimum
November 2019 start
As Vetro Education's reputation as a supplier of quality SEND staff grows and grows we have direct instruction from this Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Torfaen to recruit an experienced Teacher of Art for an ongoing role starting November 2019.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be an Art Teachers with experience of working with EBD (Emotional Behavioural Disorder), SEBD (Social and Emotional behaviour difficulties) and challenging behaviour in a PRU setting. As a result we are extremely keen to speak to Art Teachers with the relevant experienced who are interested in supporting this Pupil Referral Unit on a long term, full time basis.
Duties of the role will include:
Teaching Key stage 3 and Key stage 4 Art and Creative Art
Delivery, planning and marking of lessons in accordance with the national curriculum.
Working as a team with the Teaching Assistants in their class
Follow the school's behaviour management policy
Engage with pupils both in the classroom and on out-of-school activities
Plan for and attend parent's evenings (if on long term positions)
The school is also in the process of sorting their requirements for September 2019 - so getting a "foot in the door" now could result in a long term position for the next academic year.
- 1 year Teaching experience (where we can obtain a reference) of working with children in a SEND environment - Specifically EBD and challenging behaviour - ideally 3-6 months experience working in a PRU setting
- Ability to drive and access to own vehicle is essential for this role
- Fully enhanced DBS (on the Update service) - ability to obtain a new one
- References covering the last two years (no gaps)
- EWC registration (School support worker)
- Right to work in the UK
While working with Vetro Education you can expect the following:
- Great rates of pay
- No payroll fees
- Dedicated, education led consultants who listen to the needs of each individual
- To benefit from 100 years experience within the Education and Care sectors
- Regular, specific and local work
Hit apply to get your application started.
At Vetro Nursing, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.