£10.42 - £11.54 per hour
about 1 month ago
Liquid error: internal
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, resilient and driven Support Workers for one of the UK’s leading support services for adults with Autism. There are currently full-time vacancies across six houses, offering 37.5 hours per week, as well as a requirement for temporary staff to work on an ad-hoc basis.
Job Type: Flexible temporary ongoing shifts and block bookings
Shifts: 7:30am until 8pm / 7:30pm until 8am
Pay: Days £10.42, Nights £11.54
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Support Worker, you will support individuals in day-to-day life but also in visits to the local cinema, swimming pool, shops and the beach. The service also organises regular excursions to the nearby larger towns of Taunton and Weston-Super-Mare to encourage independence and interaction with the local community. They also allow adults with Autism to enjoy the independence of their own room and use of the communal house for meals and activities including music and art projects. The day centre offers service users the opportunity to do activities such as woodwork, gardening and arts and crafts.
Adults within the service often have difficulties with communication and in some cases are non-verbal. Some may also have mobility issues or physical impairments, so experience in a similar setting would be preferred but is not essential, and there may be some levels of personal care involved.
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs. Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay, contributed pension
- Free Uniform
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Watch our ‘About Us’ by clicking on the below link:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.