£24960 - £27040 per annum
4 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are working closely with our Client in Gloucester and we are looking for experienced and enthusiastic individuals who have Children's Residential Support Work/Care experience to join their small independent Therapeutic Residential Home in Gloucester.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Team Manager and you will be offering psychologically informed Residential Support to young females aged 11-17 who have emotional behavioural difficulties, who have had a traumatic upbringing and display challenging behaviours.
The company is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All applicants are expected to share this commitment and as such, all successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Salary: £24,960 - £27,040 per year.
Hours: Flexible to meet the needs of the home, post will include regular evening and weekend shifts.
The community offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 11 to 17 years with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. They have developed consistently successful programmes for working with girls who present difficult to manage or chaotic behaviours - which may have been triggered by a number of factors which may include; self-harm, abuse, sexual exploitation, dysfunctional and/or destructive family patterns. The organisation helps girls to gain some awareness of how their experiences have resulted in a sense of chaos and confusion, culminating in an awareness of non-integration with themselves and alienation from society and promotes self-belief, confidence, motivation, trust, openness and resourcefulness. They work with young people, their families and other organisations to identify methods of working that understand, develop and change behaviours.
- Experience in working with children and young people is essential.
- At least 5 years' experience of in Children's Residential Care, one of which should be within a Management role (Team Leader or Acting Deputy) with experience in planning and leading a shift.
- Have a good understanding of therapeutic care within models of attachment and trauma.
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People or equivalent is essential.
- Commitment and ability to complete Level 5 Diploma post probation period.
- Must be interested in supporting Young People in a therapeutic way.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Must have a good ability to interpret and respond appropriately to a range of emotions and behaviours.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Must have high emotional awareness in self and in others.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be a car driver with a Full UK Manual Driving Licence.
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Additional on the job training.
- Help through qualifications.
- Reporting to and supporting the Registered Manager and Safeguarding and Practice Development Manager.
- Ensuring that the home operates within the relevant processes and procedures to safeguard children and young people.
- Ensure that the protection and welfare of children and young people are the paramount consideration to the staff team.
- To liaise with other professional agencies.
- To be part of an on-call and Emergency Response system outside of designated hours.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.