£22000 - £23000 per annum + continuous training & development provided
3 months ago
Residential Support Worker - Care Jobs
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Salary: £22,300 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
Location: Taunton / Wellington / Chard / Bridgwater
Full Time, Permanent
Vetro Recruitment are looking for Residential Support Workers to join a leading care company with homes in and around the Taunton / Wellington / Chard / Bridgwater area. You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Difficulties aged between 10-18.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24-hour shifts. Shifts are 24 hour from 8am-8am.
Example of shift pattern:
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
A small but established and knowledgeable company. They have a handful of lovely homes that can accommodate 10 young people aged 10-18. The company provide placements for young people with social and emotional difficulties. These difficulties have often come about due to early life experiences such as family crisis or trauma. This affects and has built barriers on the young people's progress and developments towards their future. The placements at this company are designed to produce positive outcomes through working on the behaviours.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
MUST be a car driver due to location of the homes and transporting the young people.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of supporting people with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years' experience of working in care is an advantage
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger's and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
- Must be resilient, good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To act as a caring and authoritative parental figure for the young people.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
How to apply:
If you are genuinely passionate about supporting children and young people we would love to hear from you! Simply follow the link below and send us your CV, we will come back to you ASAP to discuss your application and the interview process further.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.