£20000 - £26000 per annum + great employee benefits
28 days ago
NEW ** Deputy Care Management Job! (Residential, Adults / Autism)
Salary: £20,000- £26,000 dependent on experience.
Somerset, within commutable distance from, Weston Super-Mare; Bridgwater; Portishead; Taunton; Glastonbury
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Deputy Manager to join one of the UK's leading charities, supporting young people and adults with complex learning needs aged 18 - 65. As a Deputy Manager you will not only promote and demonstrate excellence in support and care, but also have the ability to support a great team and assist he Registered Manager to ensure individuals maximise and fulfil their everyday life and compliance to CQC standards are achieved.
The adults supported are forefront of the organisation - they are wonderful individuals and deserve to be treated with respect, dignity and choice. The main priority, therefore, is you possess values, behaviours and attitudes to match the organisation this could be the job for you! You will have considerable experience working with individuals with learning disabilities, at a minimum of manager - assistant - deputy - senior support worker level.
You must be well organised, able to lead shifts, motivate teams and manage rotas, your working pattern is over a seven day rota with a mixture of mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. The work pattern is between 7.30am - 10.30pm (7.30am - 3pm, 2.30am - 10.30pm), availability to cover any shift within this pattern is required. Weekend working is 1 weekend on and 1 weekend off.
Your responsibilities within Deputy Care Management:
- Your duties will include supporting the Registered Manager, and deputising in their absence, to undertake all aspects of managing the home, ensuring that high standards of care and support are maintained and adhering to all requirements and regulations (e.g. CQC).
- You will also assist in developing staff rotas and managing the staff team.
- An appropriate balance is needed between management and 'hands-on' work, meeting the needs of the residents in paramount within this job.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of working within learning disabilities, complex needs, including autistic spectrum disorders
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Essential) / Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (Desirable)
- Driving license
- 33 days annual leave
- Industry leading induction, training and development programme
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Behavioural support training
- 24-hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of companies and retailers
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
If you would simply like to discuss the job role and the client in greater depth (no formal application at this stage) please respond with your CV. We can arrange a convenient time to talk based around your current working commitments / availability.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.