Stourbridge, West Midlands
£16619 - £19500 per annum
about 1 month ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We have a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading independent residential special school and charity in the Stourbridge area who support young people with complex learning needs aged 6 - 19 years.
Role: Care Support Worker
** Car Drivers Only Please ** as service is not accessible by public transport.
Salary: £16,619 - £19,450 + sleeps paid at £82.00
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 06.45am - 14.15pm and 1.45pm - 10.15pm
As a Support Worker you will be expected to work in the home and to support the children & young people in all aspects of their daily lives. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties.
The successful candidates will be:
- Patient, inspiring, caring and child-centred nature
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- This job requires individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- 33 days annual leave
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free car parking
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Fully funded opportunity to gain your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Discounted Health Cash Plan
- Access to childcare vouchers
- Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Career progression opportunities
If you are already in a Support Worker job and are looking to for a new challenge, this role could offer your career the stepping stone to new opportunities working alongside care professional, education teams, psychology, therapies such as occupational therapy, healthcare, family and transition services.
Call Alexandra for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880 or apply via this job ad.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: permanant full-time
Salary: £16,619.00 to £19,450.00 p/year