I have a BRILLIANT opportunity for a COMMITTED and MOTIVATED individual to join a children's residential service in the area of Cyncoed, Cardiff as a Children's Residential Support Worker, supporting young people between the ages of 8 - 18 years with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
We are looking for an ENTHUSIASTIC and PASSIONATE individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full driver's licence**
Salary: £26,615 - £29,621 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Cyncoed, Cardiff (CF23 postcode)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 7.30am - 11pm sleep 7am - 11pm sleep 7am - 8am
No two days are ever the same as a Children's Residential Support Worker, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
- Opportunity to complete the Level 4 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!!!
- Progression and Development opportunities due to new homes being opened in the future
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema's
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up-to-knowing of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children's Residential Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within another healthcare or social care setting is desirable but not essential.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- You must be able to commute to Cyncoed, Cardiff.
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people with EBD, whilst starting on a career path within health & social care - this is the job for you!
Click apply today!!
£31000 - £33500 per annum EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE!I have a brilliant opportunity for a qualified tradesman to join a truly unique therapeutic care community with an excellent reputation in Welshpool, Powys. Your role would be to provide routine maintenance services, safety checks and repairs to the site, leading on the buildings and premises under the direction of the Facilities Manager **We can only consider a candidate who is a Qualified tradesman (e.g. carpentry, plumbing, plastering)** Due to the nature of the environment, you'll liaise witApply Now
£32353 - £35343 per annum EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE!Are you a PASSIONATE and INSPIRATIONAL senior support worker looking for a move into a Deputy Manager role? Do you want to work for a truly unique therapeutic community with an excellent reputation in Welshpool, Powys? **We can only consider candidates for the role who hold a Level 5 NVQ qualification for Children or Young People or equivalent** The service aims to reduce and prevent the cycle of abuse by helping young people to both recover from their underpinning trauma, but also to acknowledApply Now
£28225 - £30180 per annum EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE!I have an amazing opportunity for a passionate, qualified children's support worker to join a truly unique therapeutic community with an excellent reputation in Welshpool, Powys.Are you a MOTIVATED, COMMITTED and QUALIFIED children's support worker who is looking for a new challenge with more responsibility? **We can only consider candidates for the role who hold a Level 3 NVQ qualification for Children or Young People or equivalent** The service aims to reduce and prevent the cycle of abuse bApply Now