£26740 - £27949 per annum, Benefits: Fantastic Benefits and Progression - A opportunity to not be missed!
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
The type of individual we are looking for will have a can-do attitude but also have a gentle approach to the home and business. The client love to work with the young children and adults so making that difference will go a long way within the home.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £26,740 - £27,949 (Inclusive of sleeps and depending on qualifications)
Location: Axbridge (BS26)
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Shift Pattern: 2 on 4 off with a minimum of 10 sleep in per month.
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- The opportunity to complete the Level 3 Children & Young People qualification - Fully funded!!
- Genuine opportunity to progress within the organisation.
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same!!
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility of mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working in a children's residential setting - DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in a similar challenging role such as mental health support work - ESSENTIAL
- NVQ Level 3 within Children and Young people - DESIRABLE
- Driver - ESSENTIAL (as you will be required to drive the children to school and or activities)
- Must be over the age of 21- ESSENTIAL
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties?
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people between the ages of 8 – 18 with EBD, this is the job for you!
Click apply today!!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.