Associated conditions include cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
Location: Meldreth (SG8 postcode)
Salary: £18,616 - £20,800 (dependant on experience and qualifications)
Hours: 4 week rota pattern – Average 40hrs per week (there is flexibility in the pattern, but be aware that weekend work is involved)
As a Children’s & Young People’s Support Worker, you’ll find that although it is a challenging role, it’s also incredibly rewarding. Ultimately, I am looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of children and young people. So, whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it’s not essential. What’s more important is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a real difference.
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care - fully funded!
- Working at a site with brand new, state of the art facilities!
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
- Providing exceptionally high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young people to grow and develop.
- Creating a safe, supportive and enjoyable environment.
- Helping to develop their learning and social skills at every opportunity.
- A willingness and eagerness to learn and go the extra mile.
- An ability to guide and encourage supportive independence wherever possible.
- Exceptional patience and communication skills.
- Resilience alongside a robust and positive nature.
- An ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young people or children.
Click ‘APPLY’ now and I will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.