Job type: Flexible work
Hours: 7.30am - 11pm/ 7.30pm-7.30am
Pay: £11.21 - £22.42 per hour including holiday pay & Bank holidays
Do you want to help promote the independence and wellbeing of young people?
Have you got previous experience supporting emotional behavioural difficulties?
Are you looking for an opportunity to pick up additional or flexible work?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to support a house in Usk which currently supports young people. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Support Workers to provide the best possible care for children and young people who may present with challenging behaviours.
This role is a great way to add some variety to your working week while gaining experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across several residential homes in the area.
What will you do as a Children’s Residential Support Worker?
- You will provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and wellbeing
- You will protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare
- You will encourage children and young people to take part in activities and take responsibility for their own lives where appropriate
- You will ensure the safety of young people by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- You will support and overcome challenging behaviours when needed
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Driving licence
- Experience working as a support worker
- DBS on the update service preferred but not essential as we will be able to complete a new one
- Willing to undergo relevant training