We have an opportunity for a Children’s Residential Support Worker to join one of the UK’s leading Children’s Residential Service providers.
Your role will be to work alongside a team of creative educators, care and therapeutic professionals supporting children with Learning disabilities and Autism aged between 8 and 19 years old in Swansea.
The site is located beside the golden curve of Swansea Bay and is a bright modern home located on the same site as the school.
We support children to socialise and meet lifelong friends in a safe and nurturing environment where children have access to a peer group, where they can learn, make mistakes, practice and ultimately succeed.
- £11.77 per hour on Weekdays (inclusive of holiday pay)
- £12.05 per hour Weekends (inclusive of holiday pay)
- £15.75 per hour Bank Holidays
- Location: Swansea
Shift Pattern: 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am
Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training. Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development. Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA, PMVA, PBM)
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare. Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Support Worker, or with Young People is essential.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- PBM/TMVA training required