£25585 - £26090 per annum
02921 660 880
7 months ago
Looking for a new opportunity to join one of the largest Children’s Residential Service providers?
If so and you are located within the Taunton area, I want to hear from you!
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join an outstanding 4-bed children’s residential service in the Taunton area, supporting young people between the ages of 14 - 16 years old with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
The successful candidate will be engaging, energetic, resilient and proactive to enable the support and development of the children of the home.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,585 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Taunton (TA1 postcode)
Shift pattern: 2 on 4 off
Hours: Full time - 39hrs per week (you must be able to do approx 10 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends)
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Young Persons Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, this is the job for you!
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.