Or are you a Senior Residential Support Worker who wants to step up into a deputy manager position?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for an inspirational children’s home deputy manager a few miles from Pontypool, just over the border in Monmouthshire. The home is a very settled 3 bed service for children with emotional behavioural difficulties age 8 - 17.
As a Deputy Manager of the children’s home, you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the young people and staff and you will support the Registered Manager in the day to day running of the home.
Salary: up to £27,875 - £28,715 (inclusive of sleeps)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: Varied to include 12 / 24 and 48 hour shifts
- Opportunity to complete the Level 5 qualification in Children’s Home Management
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Perks reward and discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition scheme.
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child-focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Deputy Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Experience as a Senior Children’s Support Worker or Deputy Manager in a similar setting is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People ESSENTIAL
- Ideally you will have the level 5 or be willing to study towards it
- You MUST be a driver as you may be required to transport the young people from time to time
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply" we look forward to hearing from you!
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.