Or are you Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker or Team Leader looking for a step up to a deputy management role?
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a Children’s Home Deputy Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Children’s Residential Service providers in a stunning rural location, just off the M4 in Cardiff. Your role will be to support the manager in the day to day running of the service, which supports young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and of course feed the many pets that also live at the home!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car and hold the NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People qualification**
Delivering the highest levels of care and support to the young people through the provision of leadership, direction, and management of the residential children’s service. You will have the children and quality at the heart of your values, and the vision to inspire and support the young people to lead happy and successful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong leadership and managerial skills and experience leading within a residential home for children & young people with EBD.
Salary: £26,593 - £32,460 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Cardiff (CF23)
Contract Type: Permanent
Shifts and Hours: 12-24 hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home)
- Opportunity to complete the level 5 in Leadership and Management fully funded!!
- 28 days annual leave and company pension scheme
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale – the more qualifications you earn, the higher your pay.
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend to receive a £500 bonus
- Access to Benefits Package (Retail, Leisure, Entertainment Discounts, Access to Employee Assistance Program, Health & Eye Care)
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
vvAbout the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team at a leading residential service as a Deputy Manager. You will be responsible for supporting the Residential Manager in the day-to-day running of the residential service, and most importantly the wellbeing of the children and young people within their care.
This role is perfect for someone already working as a Deputy Manager looking for a new opportunity, or for a Senior / Team Leader looking for the next step to join an ambitious organisation.
Duties will include;
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
Key Skills Required:
- NVQ Level 3 in Children's Residential Services is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full UK driving licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
If you are looking to be rewarded with an opportunity where you can really make a difference, leading and inspiring a growing and ambitious organisation, this role is for you!
A career-defining opportunity to deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.