Stourbridge, West Midlands
£16,350 - £19,443 per annum + sleeps + 33 days holiday!
5 months ago
**No previous experience required** Have you been waiting for an opportunity to get into children's residential and education services? This is the role you have been waiting for!!
Interview Day: Friday 1st February
**WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT DRIVERS FOR THIS ROLE AS THE SERVICE IS NOT ACCESSIBLE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT**
We have a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading independent residential special school and charity who support young people with complex learning needs aged 6 - 19 years. Not only will you get a comprehensive induction, you will also get the opportunity to complete your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare qualification, fully funded!
Vetro Recruitment are working in partnership with the school to recruit a number of care support workers to join their passionate and inspirational team.
Salary: £16,350 - £19,443 (salary dependent on experience & qualifications) + sleeps paid at £71.25 (under 25's) and £74.40 (over 25's)
Hours: 40 hours per week (to be worked on a flexible rota) plus sleep in's dependent on home needs
Shift Pattern: 7am - 3pm (early) 2pm - 10pm (late) and 7am - 9pm (long day)
As a care support worker you will be expected to work in the home to support the young people in all aspects of their daily lives. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties.
The successful candidates will be:
- Patient, inspiring, caring and child-centred nature
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- 33 days annual leave
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free car parking
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Fully funded opportunity to gain your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Discounted Health Cash Plan
- Access to childcare vouchers
- Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Career progression opportunities
If you have always wanted to become a support worker or teaching assistant but have never had the opportunity due to lack of experience or qualifications, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
If you are already a support worker or teaching assistant looking to for a new challenge, this role could offer your career the stepping stone to new opportunities working alongside care professional, education teams, psychology, therapies such as occupational therapy, healthcare, family and transition services.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.