Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
£24000 - £25000 per annum + £35 per sleep + enhanced overtime
15 days ago
Are you already a deputy manager of a children's home looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a brand new service due to open near Tonyrefail in Rhonnda Cynon Taff?
Or are you a Senior Residential Support Worker who wants to step up into a deputy manager position?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a children's home deputy manager near Tonyrefail Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Wales. The home is a four bed home for young people with mild learning disabilities and autism. As a Deputy Manager of the children's home you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people and staff and you will support the Registered Manager.
Salary: up to £25,000 + £35 per sleep and overtime paid at time and a quarter
Location: Tonyrefail, Rhonnda Cynon Taff
Hours: Full time
Contract: Permanent - 156 hours per month
Shift pattern: 24 and 48 hour shifts
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Senior Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is essential.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People
- Ideally you will have the level 5 or be willing to study towards it
- You must be a driver as you may be required to transport the young people
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.