Hedge End, Hampshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum
24 days ago
Full Time Management position - Southampton
- Salary - £30,000- £40,000 Depending on experience and qualifications
- 32 days holiday, Company Pension, Childcare vouchers, Employee Assistant program, CPD
- Responsible to Director of Care
- The post holder is accountable for delivering high quality care to the young people within the home. This means that they are responsible for delivery of all the care services, as well as all of the day to day management matters. They will demonstrate the ability to build on the business practices and proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of child care standards within their area of responsibility.
- They will be expected to demonstrate practical leadership, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each young person. This means the supervising and mentoring of staff, organisation of working patterns, and accessing of appropriate services, both internally and externally, to support the childcare practices within the home.
- It is essential that the post holder maintains a high standard of compliance within the home to ensure that all regulations are not only met, but maintained at the highest levels.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Care for Children
- Enrich the lives of young people in our care, helping them create a positive future
- Ensure the effective implementation of the Children Act 1989 and 2004 in line with the accompanying guidance and regulations, the Care Standards Act 2000 and the Children's Homes Regulations (2015) and Ofsted Quality Standards. This will be achieved in consultation with the Director of Care, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.
- Ensure that any matters relating to child protection are managed in line with current legislation, national standards and the best safeguarding practice.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of childcare and ensure that each young person agreed placement plan is fully implemented.
- Co-ordinate and access the appropriate services (health, education and therapy) to ensure the needs of each young person are met.
- Provide leadership and coaching in childcare practice within the home to ensure best outcomes for the young people in our care
- Offer leadership and management to a diverse residential care team which strives towards excellence in residential childcare provision, keeping within the aims and objectives of the company.
- Mentor and support the Deputy Manager in the provision of best possible childcare practices.
- Stewardship of the values and culture of excellence underpinning philosophy and practice framework, ensuring that care standards are never compromised.
- Ensure that all of the Company policies and procedures are implemented effectively and in a timely manner
- To achieve the best outcomes for all young people, ensuring that the home is managed effectively and efficiently in a warm and caring manner.
- Ensure that all the Senior Residential Child Care Workers (SRCW) and Residential Child Care Workers (RCW) are focussed on providing the best childcare for the young people.
- Ensure full participation and co-operation with the Company's comprehensive Quality, Health and Safety principles, including taking responsibility for all duties associated with regulatory compliance. This includes all internal audits an inspections from external bodies.
- Sustain and develop the administration systems, recording systems and repair work, so that a warm and caring home environment is maintained.
- Manage the home within the agreed budget, taking full responsibility for all incidental costs as well as direct costs such as repairs to the property and appliances, staff costs, food and agency costs. The post holder will ensure full financial compliance in consultation with the Head of Finance.
- Supervise and support the staff within the home ensuring that the team are developed appropriately to meet the specific needs of the young persons in their care.
- With the Deputy Manager and SRCW's ensure that staff supervision continues to support both childcare delivery and staff development.
- With the Head of Human Resources, develop staff training programmes in line with company plans and needs and supervise / provide observations for staff through their Diploma Level 3 (Health and Social Care - Children and Young People)
- Complete probationary and annual staff appraisals to ensure that they are able to continue to provide appropriate levels of childcare.
Health and Safety
- To implement the Health and Safety policies and ensure that all staff are aware of all Health and Safety procedures.
- Review and ensure that all staff are up to date with the mandatory training, as detailed by the Senior Leadership Team.
- To undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- Ensure that all incidents/accidents are recorded and reported according to the practices as laid down by the business.
- The post is subject to a six month probationary period, which will be reviewed and meetings scheduled with the Head of Care.
- A mobile telephone will be made available to the post holder
- Company vehicles are available to the home for the transportation of the young people for school, external activities and group trips.
- The post is subject to a notice period of three months on either side other than for disciplinary or malpractice issues. The three month notice period becomes effective following the successful completion of the probationary period.
The successful candidate will need to be approved by the appropriate statutory body. This will require full OfSTED registration in accordance with their respective conditions and timescales.
Values & Behaviours
In my work
- I will put young people at the centre of my thinking; listen and positively respond to their feedback at all times.
- I will adopt a positive approach to change, offer ideas for improving services and young people's experience in a collaborative manner
- I will behave in an open, honest, professional and inclusive manner, upholding personal and organisational values and acting as a role model to others
- I will understand my own emotions and recognise the impact on others.
In my work-
- I will approach my duties and tasks in an organised, planned and structured way.
- I will use every opportunity to communicate with my colleagues, the young people, their family or carers
- I will always challenge unacceptable practice and know how to raise concerns.
- I make best use of people's time, and recognise the valuable contribution of others
- I encourage improvement through continuous learning
In my work-
- I will do the right thing
- I ensure my actions reflect my words
- I am fair and open to challenge and have the courage to challenge others
- I positively contribute to building trust with the public, colleagues and partner agencies
- If using a social networking site or other on-line forum I will act responsibly at all times and uphold the reputation of the organisation
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.