We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
Salary: £10.37 per hour
Hours: Full time and part hours avaliable (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do weekdays/weekends)
Shift Pattern: 7.30am – 11pm- sleep / 7pm – 7.30am
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000 - Every temp working for vetro can gain entry to this by working a nominal number of hours
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.