£8.50 - £9.53 per hour
8 months ago
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Job type: Temporary
Salary: £8.50 - £9.53 per hour (sleep-ins paid at National Living Wage per hour)
Shifts available: A variety of 8am - 11pm / 3pm - 11pm / 8am - 11pm with a sleep-in
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITH A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE DUE TO THE RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE ON SHIFT
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for Children's Residential Support Workers to work in our client's home for young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. You will be supporting three males between the ages of 11 and 16 in a small home in Cardiff and work to encourage young people to become more independent and able to take more responsibility for their own lives and well-being.
This is a bank Support Worker job which will mean you are offered work on a week by week basis and have the chance to work as many or as few shifts as you like. This is a great way to add some variety to your working week and gain experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across Cardiff and the Vale, Newport, Torfaen, RCT and Blaenau Gwent.
Main Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting children and young people or a similar client group. You should have a good understanding the care sector and vulnerable people.
- Work with an award winning agency (Recruitment Agency of The Year 2018 and Fast Growth 50 Winner 2019)
- Flexibility to pick up shifts when and where you want
- Choice of working across our three divisions (Care, Education and Nursing)
- Weekly pay and online services to access payslips
- A dedicated consultant who will focus on securing regular work for you each week
- Access to free training courses and support with professional development
- 24 hour on call service
If you're ready to apply, perfect! Send your CV to start a quick and easy registration. Not quite ready or have some questions? Feel free to call on 02921 660880 for a chat about the opportunities we have available!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.