£18000 - £21868 per annum
7 months ago
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work with young people aged 7-19 with complex needs including SEBD, ASD and other learning disabilities within a residential setting.
Location: Tavistock, West Devon.
Salary: up to £21,868 PLUS fully funded QCF Children and Young People Workforce PLUS online benefits/cashback rewards.
***NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
Hours: Full time - 37.5 or 45 hours per week
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- To support the young person throughout their daily routines.
- To ensure the safety of the young people and provide a safe environment for them.
- To be able to manage challenging behaviours and emotional support when needed.
- Provide support for the young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the young people, other staff and professionals.
MUST BE A DRIVER
- Be an open and approachable person with a positive attitude.
- Have the ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and outside professionals.
- Experience as a Support Worker with young people with self-harming tendencies is desirable.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.