If you have bags of energy and love to support others, I have a fantastic opportunity for a number of support workers to join a Children’s Residential Home, as part of an organisation that supports its young people to live life to its fullest.
This organisation provides therapeutic, person centred care to its children, both inside the home and out and about in the community, so the successful candidate will need to drive and have their own vehicle in order to accompany the children on fun days out!
I’m looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who can encourage and support the children with their daily tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity for both those already with support work experience, and candidates that are looking to start a career in the industry, as full and ongoing training is provided and funded by this organisation - at every seniority level!
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 (dependant on number of sleep in shifts completed)
Location: Alton, Hampshire (GU34)
Permanent: 42 hours per week
Shift pattern: 3 week rolling rota - 10 shifts in total across the 3 weeks (you must be able to work SOME weekend shifts and complete sleep ins)
- Working as part of supportive team
- Becoming part of a HOME
- Continuous training and development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Full paid training and support to achieve QCF qualifications
- Employee Benefits through Perkbox
- Opportunity to win £150 every month!
About the Role:
The role of residential children’s support worker involves working as part of a team to support each child within the home setting. With duties including;
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting poor behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists
Key Skills Required:
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker, you will ideally have;
- A positive outlook and enthusiasm for activities
- A high level of both mental and physical energy, in order to keep up with the boys in the home
- A motivated, inspirational and dedicated work ethic towards the role
- Previous experience within a residential support work setting - not essential
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
Can you deliver a positive, compassionate and supportive approach to really making a difference to the lives of children?
If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now!!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.