Have you always wanted to work with Children and Young People in a Residential Setting and Support them with their needs and developments?
We have a Brilliant opportunity for a Support worker to join a Fantastic 3 bedded Children's Home in Plymouth.
If you have experience or no experience, I would like to hear from you. We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, and computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full driver's licence and a car**
Salary: £26,090 - £27,593 (Sleep allowance included)
Location: Plymouth (PL1 postcode)
Hours: Full time - 39hrs per week (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do approx 8 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends) 14/24 hour shifts available.
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm- sleep / 7am – 11pm - sleep / 7am – 8am.
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and we will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.