£18250 - £21556 per annum + £36 per sleep in shift
13 days ago
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join an incredibly passionate team who support children and young people who have experienced adverse childhood experiences such as abuse or neglect within their young lives and may display behaviours of concern within the Salisbury area.
As a Residential Child Care Worker, you will work in a 2 - 6 bed children's residential setting in the Salisbury area supporting young people between the ages of 7-16.
*** YOU WILL NEED TO HOLD A FULL VALID DRIVING LICENCE ***
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: Basic salary of £18,250 - £21,556 (plus £36 per sleep in shift) - which could increase your salary between £2000 and £4000 per year depending on your rota.
Hours: Full Time - Permanent - 39 hours a week.
Shift Pattern: You would work on a 24 hour sleep-in shift pattern (2-3 sleep in shifts per week). Shift rota is given 6-8 weeks in advance.
As one of few child centred organisations that use attachment trauma informed care as their base, they ensure that the children are at the centre of all they do. By re-investing in the children, the children gain a better understanding as to the why's, what's and how's leading them into fulfilling their potential and going on to lead an extraordinary life. Delivering the highest quality of service to the children and staff, the organisation is going from strength to strength and over the past 30 years has made a real difference to children's lives by helping to turn them around.
- Supporting children / young people in all aspects of their daily lives.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment within the homes.
- Being confident in dealing with behaviours of concern.
- Safeguarding children and young people at all times.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- Experience of working with young people is essential.
- Must have a passion for working with children and young people.
- You MUST hold a driving licence as you will be required to transport the young people into the community.
- You must be over the age of 19.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People is desirable.
- 30 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package.
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training.
- Enhanced DBS cost coverage.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!