£17500 - £25195 per annum + including sleep in duties
29 days ago
Children's Services Residential Support Worker/ Night Support Worker Job Description (not exhaustive)
- Would you like to provide care and support to children and young people with additional needs?
- Are you passionate about supporting young people with disabilities?
- Are you looking for a full time role in the Southampton area?
- Would you like to work within a good- outstanding Ofsted rated service?
- Would you like a funded Level 3 Diploma?!
Vetro Recruitment are looking for full-time Residential Support Workers for a children's home in Southampton. You will be supporting children and young people with physical and learning disabilities. This can include supporting with episodes of challenging behaviours.
This is a full-time role and shift times will vary between 7am-10pm across Monday- Sunday. Split shifts may also be included so ideally you will be a car driver or live locally. You will also be required for sleep in duties. We also have waking night vacancies available!!
Salary £17,745-£20,685 plus sleep-in allowance (£62.64 per sleep-in, approx. 4-6 per month)
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
-Be a member of a team who gives high-quality care and support appropriate to maintaining and promoting the emotional and physical wellbeing of Children and Young People
-Promote and maintain independence, choice, and respect supporting the health and safety of Children and Young People at all times
-Help make the young people's home their own home, including working with them to develop the home, their bedrooms, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.
-Work professionally at all times, with external agencies and other people important to the young people that access the services - including parents/ respite carers, social workers, clinical/ medical professionals and others involved in the care of those placed
-Shift lead any shifts that you are allocated to lead and to take responsibility for leading shifts if there is staff shortages that result in you being the most experienced staff member
-Complete medication duties in line with Company policies and procedures (following training and competency-based assessments being achieved)
-Complete all young people's related daily documentation, including daily records, health appointment records, monitoring charts and similar, in a timely manner and as set out by the Registered Manager
-Attend young peoples' review meetings as required or other related appointments/ meetings as deemed necessary
- Key work an allocated young person, ensuring their documents are updated regularly and in line with Company policies and procedures
-Support the young people who access the services to reach their full potential and help them to reach those goals and aspirations
-Ensure that all the people who access our services have any personal needs or requirements met including personal care, participation with activities and support with daily life skills tasks
- Maintain a clean and presentable home for the young people and visitors to the home, at all times
- Adhere with all company policies and procedures, including compliance with Health, Safety & Security regulations
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR policies and legislation
- Take responsibility for personal development and attend all scheduled training - both mandatory and service-specific
- Report any incidents of abuse, mistreatment or non-compliance within the service to the Service Manager or next available Management level
- Support the young people who access the services in daily activities within or outside of the home
- Support the people who access the services to attend appointments and outside activities e.g. medical, dental, college, social activities/ youth groups, employment
- Give emotional support to the young people who access our services and help them to build resilience for activities within or outside of the home, in the community
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme - recommend a friend and you'll earn a £500 bonus!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the company
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.