Are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who is looking for a new challenge?
I am currently recruiting for an experienced children’s residential support worker to work within a small children’s residential service just outside Chipping Sodbury supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with EBD. The service is easily accessable from North Bristol, Gloucestershire, and South East Wales (25 mins from Chepstow). You must be a driver and ideally have your Level 3 Children & Young People’s Workforce qualification.
***Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 8th September***
Salary: £23,697 - £25,238 (sleep in allowance included)
Location: Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire
Hours: Full time
7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
(2 on 4 off shift pattern)
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child-focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children to achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable
- Experience of working with young people is essential
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled virtual e-training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply".One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.