Or have you always wanted to work with Children and Young People, but never been given the chance? This is your opportunity!!
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for children’s residential support workers to join an already successful and passionate team in a 3 bed children’s residential service just outside Hereford, supporting young people between the ages of 8 - 18.
***Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 8th September***
Salary: £18,585 - £19,065 (sleep allowance included) plus plenty of overtime available!!
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Shift Times: 8am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8.30am
Week 1 - Tuesday and Friday
Week 2 – Monday and Thursday
Week 3 – Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- You must be a driver and have held your licence for 3 years or more.
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.