We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £20,690 - £23,697 (sleep-in allowance included)
Location: Tavistock (PL19 postcode)
Hours: Full time and permanent - 39hrs per week (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do sleep-ins, weekdays/weekends)
Shift Pattern: 7.30am – 11pm- sleep - 7am – 11pm sleep 7am - 8am (2 days on 4 days off shift pattern)
- 2 on 4 off shift pattern - plenty of free time!
- 28 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Sick Pay
- Opportunity to complete the QCF Level 3 Children’s Residential Qualification - fully funded!!!!
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.