Are you a PASSIONATE and INSPIRATIONAL individual looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a successful organisation that has sector-leading Ofsted judgements and really understands the benefits of a work-life balance by offering up to 7 weeks annual leave per year?
I have a UNIQUE opportunity for a qualified Children’s Residential Support Worker’s to join a growing service that supports children & young people aged between 8-18 with emotional behavioural difficulties in Botley on the outskirts of Oxford.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
***Please note we can only accept candidates with the NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People or the equivalent for this role***
Salary: £24,591 - £29,773 (sleep allowance included) Plus overtime available!!
Location: Botley - (OX12 postcode)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 2.30pm / 2pm - 10pm / 7.30am - 10pm (plus approx 3 sleeps per month)
Annual Leave Entitlement: 7 weeks
- 7 weeks annual leave per year
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks
- Competitive salary
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company paid health scheme
- Access to company pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker is ESSENTIAL
- You MUST be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 23
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is DESIRABLE
This role will provide unrivalled variety, allowing you to really get stuck in and make a difference!
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.