£26000 - £29000 per annum, Benefits: INCREDIBLE Benefits Package!
02921 660 880
about 1 year ago
I am looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. If this sounds like you, then become a Children's Residential Support Worker!
Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 (average sleep allowance included)
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire (AL1 Postcode) - 10 minutes walk from Town Centre!
Hours: Full time (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do sleeps and weekends)
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You must be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
- Opportunity to complete the level 3 Children & Young People qualification - Fully Funded!!
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to have fun!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Responsibilities of a Children's Residential Support Worker:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Residential Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable
- Being a driver is desirable as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
If you’re a professional with a drive to make a real difference to the lives of young people, helping to shape their future, then I want to hear from you!
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.