I have a FANTASTIC opportunity for a Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a STUNNING children’s residential service in Ridford, Gloucestershire supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
If you are enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated, wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people we would love to hear from you.
Supporting children and young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to do arts and crafts, baking, football and cinema trips are a great perk of the job as a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker!
This is an incredible opportunity for a children's residential support worker to step up or someone with senior experience in an adults setting with mental health or challenging behaviour to move across to work in a beautiful and rural children’s residential service supporting young people between the ages of 8 – 18 with EBD.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £20,681 - £29,050 (inclusive of sleeps)
Location: Rudford, Gloucestershire (GL2)
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday - Sunday - A mixture of early and late shifts with occasional nights
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- The opportunity to complete the Level 3 Children & Young People qualification - Fully funded!!
- Genuine opportunity to progress within the organisation.
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same!!
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
- 31 Days annual leave.
Responsibilities of a Children’s Senior Residential Support Worker:
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility of mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working in a children's residential setting - DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in a similar challenging role such as mental health support work - ESSENTIAL
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities - ESSENTIAL
- Driver - ESSENTIAL (as you will be required to drive the children to school and or activities)
- Must be over the age of 21- ESSENTIAL
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.