PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS NOT ESSENTIAL!!
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker, you’ll be supporting the children on a day to day basis, helping them to navigate their way through the day in a positive, empathetic and energetic way. Imagine yourself as a professional parent, helping them to build a future and creating chances for them to live life to the full.
Salary: £22,069 - £25,585 (average sleep in shifts included)
Location: Wisbech (PE13 postcode)
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Flexible Rolling Rota - You must be able to work some weekends and complete sleep in shifts
- Building strong, reliable and rewarding relationships with young people who need you
- Getting paid to HAVE FUN!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Free meals whilst on shift
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting poor behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable but NOT ESSENTIAL
- You MUST be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You MUST be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable but NOT ESSENTIAL
So, if you’re a passionate and caring person, with the drive to make a real difference to the lives of young people, helping to shape their future, then I want to hear from you!
Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.