We are looking for a Children’s Residential Support Worker who has a huge passion for what they do and goes above and beyond to support the young people within a therapeutic setting.
A FANTASTIC opportunity has become available for a Support Worker to develop and thrive within a Children's Residential home setting for 2 boys aged 13 years old. Easily commutable from the Taunton, Weston Super Mare and Glastonbury area’s, the home is situated in a STUNNING rural setting just outside Bridgewater
The successful candidate will ideally have experience with young people, be full of energy and have a passion for delivering care and support to children with emotional behavioural difficulties (EBD).
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
The support and development of the young people is a huge factor in this role but you also have to have a creative and active side to you. Not only are you going to teach and mentor their everyday life skills, you will be nurturing their social skills too!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,585 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Bridgewater (TA6 postcode)
Hours: Full time - 39hrs per week (you must be able to do approx 10 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends)
Shift pattern: 2 on 4 off
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
As a Young Persons Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
If you are what we are describing above then you know what to do! The Young People of this home need you!
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.