We are looking for the right person who is engaging, energetic, resilient and proactive to enable the support and development of the children within the home, who have emotional behavioral difficulties (EBD).
Each day is different and can be challenging, but it is very rewarding knowing that you are improving the lives of the young people in your care!!
Whilst supporting the children in their development, you will also be a role model and have a whole lot of fun!! From playing football, going out on day trips out or doing arts and crafts.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,585 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Wellington (TA21 postcode)
Shift pattern: 2 on 4 off
Hours: Full time - 39hrs per week (you must be able to do approx 10 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends)
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- 28 days annual leave
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Young Persons Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.