£8.97 - £10.09 per hour + weekly pay!
4 days ago
Vetro Recruitment urgently require Support Workers in Ammanford to support young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
- Location: Ammanford
- Shifts available: 8am - 10pm / 10pm - 8am (waking night)
- Pay: Days - £8.97 p/h including holiday pay / Nights - £10.09 p/h including holiday pay
- Benefits: Weekly pay and flexible shifts
The home offers placements to young people aged 11-18 years who display challenging and harmful behaviours. There are currently only females placed at this home. Due to this, they require female Support Workers for waking night shifts, but are able to have male Support Workers on shift there during the day.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker, you will maximise each young person's potential for personal growth and development while promoting their independence and well-being.
The experienced team of Support Workers provides the care and support needed to equip the young people with sufficient skills to enable them to achieve an independent and fulfilled life.
Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience as a Support Worker or a similar role in a similar setting
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Work with the "Recruitment Agency of the Year 2018" (Regional Awards)
- Free online training
- Weekly pay
- £50 to £250 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. We recruit Support Workers, Nurses, Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Health Care Assistants.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.