If you are someone who puts others first, and you want to do that in a setting where you can help shape the lives and futures of young people, then you are the perfect fit for this role!
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (including average sleep ins per week)
Location: Holbeach (PE12 postcode)
Hours: Full time - 169 hours per month
Shift Pattern: Flexible, but you must be able to work some weekends and complete sleep ins
**Due to the nature of the role, my client can only accept candidates that drive and have their own vehicle**
- Chance to complete Level 3 Children & Young People’s Workforce qualification
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting poor behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable but not essential
- You MUST be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You MUST be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable but not essential
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.