We are looking for committed and passionate individuals who will be able to engage with the young people and encourage and mentor them, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full manual drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £22,346 - £23,964 per year (inclusive of sleep-ins)
Location: Handsworth, Birmingham (B20 postcode)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 12-24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) This includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends & bank holidays. You will work 6-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
- Plenty of overtime available paid at time and 1/4
- Free food and parking
- Getting paid to go to theme parks
- Genuine opportunity for progression
- Opportunity to complete children’s residential qualifications - fully funded!!
- Reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition scheme.
As a children residential support worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is DESIRABLE
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is DESIRABLE
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
- Applicants must be over the age of 23 ESSENTIAL
- Applicants must be flexible around working shift patterns including some weekends ESSENTIAL
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.