£19,000- £25,000 per annum
Looking for a childrens residential support worker to join an exciting role within a 3 bedded residential home in Greater Manchester. Working alongside other support staff, seniors and management, this role is perfect for individuals with a drive to make a difference in the lives of young people with EBD and Learning Difficulties.
- Working alongside other support workers and management to provide a safe environment for the young people
- Creating individualised care plans, focused on the child's requirements and needs
- Assisting with day to day activities such as cooking, cleaning, activity planning, etc
- Develop a stable and positive working relationship with the child and their family
- Effective communication skills
- Inclusive to all children and young people
- Develop and support the mental health and well-being of the individual
- Medical distribution (where required)
Pay and hours:
- £9.50- £11.00 per hour
- A mixture of earlies, late nights and long days
- Permanent, full time role
- 2 on 4 off (includes sleep-ins)
- Rotational 2 weeks 5/2 shift pattern (includes sleep-ins)
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Persons Workforce or equivalent/ willingness to work towards the above Level 3 qualification
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to Children’s Homes
- Experience of Ofsted
- Previous experience with vulnerable children
- DBS Certificate/ willingness to attain one
- Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full-time years of employment
- ‘Perk Box’, discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high street and online brands
- Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone advice line available 24/7 365 days a year
- Qualification Bonus on completion of your Level 3 (£500) or Level 5 (£750) qualifications, paid in instalments
- Complimentary meals on shift
- DBS check paid for, and reimbursement of the cost for the update service each year
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.