£24000 - £26000 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Liquid error: internal
£24,000- £26,000 per annum
Are you looking to develop your care career? Exciting opportunities for development within a Children’s Residential Home near and around the Preston Area.
Working alongside another staff member, this role is based within a variety of homes around Preston, supporting children ages 1-18 with EBD and Crisis Care. This role is perfect for anyone looking to develop their care career within children's residential services.
- Providing care and support to children ages 1-18.
- Developing and establishing individualised care plans to suit the child’s specific needs
- Assisting with day to day chores such as cooking and cleaning
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of the child or young person
- Participating in activities in and around the residential home
- Support the young person 24/7 on a short-term basis.
- Providing support on an emotional, mental and physical level
- Taking to school (when required)
- Ongoing training
- The ability to work well within a team
- Work as a key adult to the child or young person ensuring all key worker responsibilities are completed.
- Assessing, planning and reviewing children/young people’s progress
- Driving to various locations when required
- Providing 2-1 care, the role will be based within a residential home specifically for the individual child.
Pay and hours:
- £11.50- £12.50 per hour
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Full time, permanent position
- 3 days on (including sleep-ins)
- Paid on shift travel
- Over 21 years of age, due to safeguarding requirements
- Driver (essential)
- Experience with children or young adults
- Experience with challenging and complex needs
- 5-day induction
- De-escalation and crisis intervention techniques
- Children’s Act Sections and powers of an escort
- Health & safety
- Data Protection Laws
- Maintaining Security
- Safeguarding L1 and 2
- First Aid Training
- Fire Safety
- RVM Driving Assessments (online)
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.