£8 - £8.50 per annum + pension contribution
about 1 month ago
Are you looking for a role working with young people with a range of social and emotional difficulties?
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about getting the best out of the younge people you are supporting?
Are you looking for a role that is demanding and challenging with no two days the same?
If your answers to the above are yes we need you!
Vetro is currently looking for enthusiastic Support Workers full of personality to work with young people (9-18 years) within a Residential Care home in the Southampton area supporting Children and Young People with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties.
Shifts are available on an almost daily shift basis meaning you have the flexibility to work days that suit your circumstances. You are able therefore to work full or part time hours as and when. The rate of pay for these vacancies is £8.00-£8.50 per hour.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting the Children and Young People within the home and out within the community
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Encouraging the Children and Young People's independence
- Supporting the Children and Young People to learn life skills
- Liaise with outside organisations
- Support the Young People with the transition of moving from the home and reaching their full potential
Benefits for our Support Workers:
- Weekly Payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme*
- Dedicated consultant
- Ability to pick up shifts on the days you're available to work
- Access to free care related training
- Easy to use shift booking App to ensure are aware of all available shifts at all times
Requirements for our Support Worker vacancies:
- Be proactive and be able to think on your feet
- Be able to communicate confidently
- Some experience working with Children or Young People desired but not essential
- Kind and Caring natured
- Keep calm with challenging situations
If you have always wanted to become a support worker but have never had the opportunity due to lack of experience or qualifications, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! OR If you are already a support worker looking to for a new challenge, this role could offer your career the stepping stone to new opportunities working alongside other care professionals.
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.