£20000 - £25000 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Liquid error: internal
£20,000- £25,000 per annum
- Children’s Residential Support Worker
- Enjoy working with children and young people, providing day to day support, guidance and activities
- Participating in activities within the residential home and local communities
- Delivering high-quality care and support for the children's mental, physical and overall health
- Ensuring safeguarding and OFSTED standards are met at all times
- Working alongside Senior Support Staff to create and develop individualised care plans for the children
- Create a safe, caring and supportive place to live for children and young people.
- Supporting with day to daycare within the residential home, including cooking, cleaning and support at bedtimes and getting up
- Maintaining daily routines within the home provides the development of a positive culture of care.
- Create, maintain and review proper case records and plans
- Act as a positive role model for children, young people and other staff in the home.
- Special responsibility to ensure consistency of the support provided.
- Attending other appropriate in-service training as required by a Support Worker.
Pay and shift patterns:
- £20,000- £25,000 per annum
- Sleep in rates range from £55-£60
- 1 on 2 off/ 2 on 4 off
- Full time, permanent position
- Previous experience within children's residential care
- Be able to adapt working practice to the ethos of the home
- Apply for enhanced DBS disclosure (essential)
- NVQ L3 Children and Young People (desired but not essential)
- Driver (desired but not essential)
- Transferable experience working with children is acceptable
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships
- Demonstrate a commitment to own training and development
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.