Up to £26,000 per annum
Liverpool and Wallasey
Exciting roles opening up for support workers based in Liverpool and Wallasey. Working within one of two OFSTED regulated 4 bedded homes the role is focused on supporting children with EBD.
Having a passion to provide support and stability for young people to establish independence and a positive structure, this role is perfect for anyone looking to develop their career within Children’s Residential Services.
- Providing support for children and young people with EBD and challenging behaviour
- Establishing care plans
- Recording the young person's activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Domestic duties
- Support at bedtimes and getting up
- Participating in activities within the local community, and residential home
- Working alongside other support workers, senior support workers and management
- Provide emotional support to the child/ young person to allow expression of feelings and emotions
- To maintain daily routines within the home which provides a framework for the development of a positive culture of care
- Encouraging and assisting children and young people to be as independent as possible in all areas of their lives.
- To actively participate in staff meetings
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of the children and young people
- To carry out personal care as required whilst maintaining privacy and dignity
- Develop a sound knowledge of Children’s Homes Regulations and provide services and support, both individually and/or in groups to facilitate the implementation of Placement Plans, which are based around these.
Pay and hours:
- Up to £11 per hour (depending on experience)
- Additional £50 per sleep
- 1 on 2 off, including sleeps
- Full time, permanent contract
- Previous support worker experience
- Experience with children and young people
- NVQ L3 Children and Young People (desirable but not essential)
- Driver (desirable but not essential)
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Company pension scheme
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.