£20000 - £25000 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Looking for residential support staff for a children's residential service based in Warrington.
Working a 2 on 4 off shift pattern, this role is perfect for individuals looking to develop their skills within children's residential services during the working day and sleeps.
Based within a 4 bedded residential home, this role is supporting children and young people aged 8–18 with challenging behaviour and EBD.
- Providing support for children and young people with EBD and challenging behaviour
- Establishing care plans
- Recording the young person's activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Domestic duties
- Support at bedtimes and getting up
- Participating in activities within the local community, and residential homes, such as swimming, cinema trips, and visiting the local parks and attractions.
- Working alongside other support workers, senior support workers and management
- Provide emotional support to the child/ young person to allow expression of feelings and emotions
- Encouraging and assisting children and young people to be as independent as possible in all areas of their lives.
- To actively participate in staff meetings
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of the children and young people
- Ensuring that all care is of OFSTED standard
- Develop a sound knowledge of Children’s Homes Regulations
- Provide a positive space for children and young people to develop their independence and emotional wellbeing
- Paid experience within the residential care and support sector for children and young people.
- Experience working alongside children with learning difficulties and specific needs is desirable
- Support worker experience with adults
- Drivers (desirable)
- NVQ Level 3 in children and young people (desirable)
- £9.75- £11.50 (based on experience)
- £52 per sleep (an additional £5200 per week)
Shift Pattern and Hours:
- 2 on 4 off shift pattern
- 10 am start
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.