We have a fantastic opportunity for Children’s Residential Support Workers to join a well established Children’s Residential Service, supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours. The homes are based in Bridgwater, Wellington and Somerset and are part of a National Organisation which boasts a 87% rate of GOOD or OUTSTANDING homes.
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary & Hours:
Location: Bridgewater & Wellington, Somerset
Salary: Up to £24,232 per year (including £63.00 per sleep-in shift allowance).
Shifts and Hours: 12-24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) - 39hrs per week. Full Time and Permanent. You will approximately 4-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
About the Role:
In your new role as Residential Childcare Worker, you will be an advocate for each of the Young Person’s needs and keep them safe with a fundamental contribution to their care. This will involve skill development problem solving, risk assessment whilst being aware of their capabilities.
- Your most significant contribution is of a professional parent whilst taking a person-centred approach in providing high quality care.
- Working as a part of a team in addition to taking on a flexible approach to your work.
- Encourage and support the young people with all of their daily living needs in line with their individual care plan.
- Entitled of 28 days annual leave
- Excellent work life balance
- No previous experience necessary as full induction and training will be offered, we are looking for individuals with positive values behaviours and attitudes.
- Fully funded QCF level 3 award in Health & Social Care (Children) within 12 months appointment
- Access to voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail stores
- A minimum age requirement of 23 due to the needs of the Young People
- NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People is preferrable, however you will have the opportunity to obtain this qualification alongside your employment
- Full UK manual driving licence is essential for the role
- Previous experience within a Children’s residential setting is preferable
- Fantastic communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- A can-do and positive attitude
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.