We are looking for committed and passionate individuals who will be able to engage with the young people and encourage and mentor them, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full manual drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £22,346 - £23,964 per year (inclusive of sleep-ins)
Location: Sheldon, Birmingham (B26 postcode)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 12-24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) This includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends & bank holidays. You will work 6-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
- Plenty of overtime available paid at time and 1/4
- Free food and parking
- Getting paid to go to theme parks
- Genuine opportunity for progression
- Opportunity to complete children’s residential qualifications - fully funded!!
- Reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition scheme.
As a children residential support worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is DESIRABLE
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is DESIRABLE
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
- Applicants must be over the age of 23 ESSENTIAL
- Applicants must be flexible around working shift patterns including some weekends ESSENTIAL
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!