Vetro are seeking experienced support workers for positions starting immediately within a number of children residential homes in the Pontypool area.
Job Type: Flexible agency work
Hours: 9am - 5pm / 8pm - 5am Waking nights
Pay: £10.09 per hour (including holiday pay)
Immediate Start Available
- Working closely with a small cluster of supported housing projects in the Pontypool area. The services are a way to prepare children with mental health and behavioural needs to move into their own home.
- Projects vary from 24-hour support schemes to low support schemes or step-down projects and will have one young person per house usually for both male and female.
- This is similar to a bank Support Worker job and is a great way to add some variety to your working week while gaining experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across Cardiff and the Vale, Newport, Torfaen, RCT and Blaenau Gwent.
- As a Support Worker, you will be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic.
- You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable young people to engage in different activities in the community.
What will you do as a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following;
- Giving people with mental health needs the confidence and skills to live a more fulfilling life
- Giving tenants the chance to lead a full life instead of isolation or family dependence
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with tenants
- Supporting in situations with challenging behaviours in a safe and sympathetic way
Interested? Apply today!
If this sounds like the job for you click "apply" or for more information call Jess or a chat on 02921 660880
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Working for a reputable Nursing Agency with REC and CSSIW registration.
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- On-Going Training
- Agency worker of the month
Ready to refer?
Do you know a Qualified Nurse or Support Worker who would be interested in a new job? Refer them today and receive up to £250 love2shop voucher.
At Vetro Nursing, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.