Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Children’s Residential Support Workers to join a well establised Children’s Residential Service in Pulborough (West Sussex), supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Disorders.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £23168 - £27598
Basic salary of £19773 - £20787 plus 4-6 sleeps per month.
Location: Pulborough, West Sussex
Hours: Full time 39hrs per week
Shift pattern: 24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) -. Full Time and Permanent. You will work 4-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
About the Role
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 1 on 2 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full Training and support.
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale.
- Access to voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments.
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the organisation.
Key Skills Required
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential, due to the location of the home and due to the requirements of the role.
- QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People / Children's Residential qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within a children's residential setting or with challenging behaviours is an advantage.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well being of young people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be aged 23 or over, due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, interviews are currently being held via Microsoft Teams or Zoom video calling in order to adhere to the social distancing measures.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.