Or are you a Young Persons Support Worker looking for the next step in your career?
We have an AMAZING opportunity for a Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a fantastic 3 bed children’s residential service in Plymouth supporting children and young people between the ages of 8-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £26,090 - £27,593 (sleep allowance included)
Hours: Full time - 39hrs per week (you must be able to do approx 4 - 8 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends)
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- 28 days annual leave
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Young Persons Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.